Monday, September 17, 2018 / by Traci Roberts Jones
1. Desert hiking: Tucson is home to some of the prettiest desert scapes and cacti out there, and there are so many options for hikes for all skills and levels! Sabino Canyon seems to be a fan favorite and is the perfect place for pictures. 2. The Gaslight Theater. We are talking a one-of-kind experience where you get a dinner and dessert show in old-west style. Shows are seasonal, satirical, funny, and just uniquely Tucson!
3. Bike Rides At Their Best. We are talking gorgeous scenery, streets designed for cycling, a place many professional cyclists live, and routes for the best and most novice. There are easy rentals, and planning a route with an urban or country view is so easy to do.
4. Grab an Eegee at Eegee’s! Another local recommendation and favorite, you’ll find an Eegee’s almost anywhere you look in Tucson! They make a slush that is made from real fruit, and this refreshing treat is cheap, delicious, and so soothing on a hot afternoon. It’s a cheap date on its own, perfect after a hike, or a fun activity for a family date.and while we’re on food….
5.Eat Some of the Best Mexican Food of Your Life. Being close the border and in the heart of the Southwest, this desert oasis has serious benefits when it comes to Mexican Food. They boast of the best 23 miles of Mexican food, and they aren’t kidding! Cafe Poca Cosa is always a favorite and a must have in Tucson.
6. Visit the Air and Space Museum. Another local recommendation. With an Air Force base and plenty of military families, an airport, and an airplane graveyard not too far away, you have a lot of great resources to make this an impressive museum for the aerospace lovers in your life.
7. Visit A Mountain. The University of Arizona calls Tucson home, and they claim A Mountain as one of their landmarks. It’s an easy walk/mild hike, and you’ll see some of the prettiest city views from the top, and at the other scenic points just past it. It’s really easy to find, and a very cool up-and-coming neighborhood is growing all around it making even the drive in scenic and fun.
8. Tour the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. A mix of flora and fauna, and part animal zoo celebrating the life and beauty of the desert, this is one you don’t want to miss to see what this region has to offer and why so many find the desert such a beautiful places.
9. Treat Yourself to HUB Ice Cream. Once again, a local recommendation and favorite, and for good reason! Homemade ice cream from scratch with unique and fun flavors is the main attraction, but the cutest red and turquoise Instagramable shop is a pretty big selling point too! There are more than enough flavors to choose from which makes it a hit for everyone.